Upholstery adhesive question - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Upholstery adhesive question

Featured Replies

I'm reinstalling the diamond pattern material in my 72Z after removal for paint.  Does anyone have a recommendation for the best adhesive to use or maybe also what to avoid using?

Personally, I prefer the permatex adhesive shown below.  I do not like the 3M adhesive.  The permatex is much stronger and sets up faster.  3M took  way too long to set and never really held that well when hardened.

permatex adhesive.jpg

  • Author

I appreciate the advice. I'm off to pick some up.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.