Wiring - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Wiring

Featured Replies

Hello everyone. I need help with this wire. not sure what where it belongs. ‘73 240z. Thanks 

image.jpg

Is it a three wire connector? Confirm wire colors. It looks like white/red, white and black. Wire colors and connectors are everything when you are asking these kinds of questions.

Edit: In blowing up the picture, I see that I confused a shadow for a black wire.

Edited by SteveJ

  • Author

Sorry. It is yellow/yellow and red 

On Figure BE-2, it is identified as "Switch Element". Yellow/red tends to be power for gauges. The only yellow wires I could find were from the fuel gauge to the fuel sending unit and from the intermittent wiper relay to the wiper motor. Unfortunately while all of my answers are accurate, they don't do much to provide you with the information you're really looking for.

  • Author

No worries ? thanks 

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.