IGNORED

Schneider Camshaft 274F

walter

About a year ago when I bought my 06/71 240Z someone was spending lots o money on good parts and the engine has been rebuilt or so I was told. The previous owner was gonna build it to do some racing with I heard. Well that never happened thank goodness. I can tell someone was buying great parts cause I got all of it with the car back then.  It has a brand new still has break in grease on the cam lobes Schneider 274F grind cam in the head. I went to Schneider's site sounds like a groovy little mild cam. Car came with 6 into 1 headers  and a lot of cosmetic stuff. Anyone ever ran this cam? Any comments about this cam with 6/1 headers? Thanks 

Should be a nice combo. A 274 would be a nice Auto cross and street cam. Good torque at low range but added HP and RPM range up top. With an L28 you could use a 280  - 290 duration,. Some people will tell you you need more camshaft, but the worst thing you can do on a street car is to over cam the engine. 

An early L24 ( 6/71 ) should have Flat Tops and an E31.head. So decent CR in the 9.0 to 9.2  range. That will work nicely with that cam. 

Cool Beans Chickenman. I still got to open the engine up and do some poking' around in there. I hope things were done right in this engine but not overdone for my purposes. I'm not gonna be racing just cruising when I get it going. Thanks for input.