IGNORED

1972 Fairlady Z RHD value

rdefabri

Car is not in NJ, but it's not in a Z friendly environment.

On topic of what I would by - I'm not necessarily a collector, but I do like desirable and/or quirky cars that are on the tail end of the depreciation scale.  I'm all about jumping on something if I see value.  I've owned quite a few Z's over 30 years, and worked on them since I'm in HS, I'm no stranger to them.

It's been about 10 years since I owned one, I sold my '72 to help pay for work on my '66 Jaguar E-Type (which I still own), then I added a Ferrari 308.  Both cars were on the bottom of the depreciation scale, so while I didn't buy them for an investment, I knew I wouldn't lose on either - and I was right.

So on what's right for me, this car is right up my alley.  My preference for LHD is more about the driving - most Americans would prefer LHD, but the car being RHD does intrigue me as it is a JDM car.

The owner knows Z's (I wasn't sure he knew), and he's struggling over selling it.  It will take some coaxing, but I did let him know I'm a bit of a tire kicker, semi-serious.  I told him I'm happy to broker a deal if he preferred, because I don't want to jerk him around.  It's somewhat of a barn find (although in good condition - maybe more of a 3 than a 4), which also intrigues me.

Low miles - less than 20,000 - as it has mostly sat.  It runs, has some dings, but no major rust.  Interior is nice, mild tear on the driver's seat.

Is the car you are talking about?  If so, looks like the seller is looking for a number too.  if it is the same car you should have went and bought it already.  His phone is ringing off the hook now.

Edited by Hardway