What is causing this noise and how do I fix it? - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

What is causing this noise and how do I fix it?

Featured Replies

I've got an annoying problem with my new Z. It’s a very high-pitched squeak that only occurs at certain speeds. It doesn't start until like 30mph, and goes away at around 55-60 (or at least I can't hear it anymore, I can't be sure it is gone). When I apply a very slight pressure to the breaks (so little the car doesn't even begin to slow) it goes away, and if I press the brakes right it will go away on one side before the other (it happens on both sides). Any idea what this is? Is it something that needs to be replaced, or just something I can adjust? Sorry I don't have more specifics, it’s only been happening for about a week (but happens consistently). Thanks for any suggestions.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.