IGNORED

Intake Filters

footballnick17

Personally I think k&ns may help a newer model car. with all the crap you have to remove to get to the airbox on my camry a k&n would last longer than stock. They are made a little better and you pay for that.

After rebuilding my 2.4 motor and carbs I didn't run any filters for the first week. Short blast through the back roads to get everything adjusted proper. When I put the airbox back on I had to lean them out a quarter of half a turn to get the right burn on my spark plugs. The OE box has very little restriction on air flow for my '72. Nissan still sales the metal air filter to, just like the one that came on it in '72.

My $.02.

Oh yeah, my answer for your question would be the same as k&ns on a dirt bike. You keep them oiled and no dust gets by. That would be useful if you off road your Z.

Edited by siteunseen

In my humble opinion you would gain very little from the installation of the K&N filters. If you go with 2 separate filters you would have to figure out a new routing of your pcv valve, too. There have been several posts here on the usefulness of K&N filters. Most folks think they are a waste of money. And don't forget you have to clean and oil them with the "special" K&N products (more $$). There is more than enough things to maintain on these cars without adding to it. As Site says new air filters are available from Nissan. It has been my experience that with as few miles as I put on the car (2,000/year) they last a long time. Save your hard earned dough for other stuff. Once again, my $.02.

Cheers, mike

• Like 1