IGNORED

Wire terminal insulator colours

Careless

I'm looking at the wiring harnesses I have here for 1969 and 1970, and for the life of me, I can't determine what the original colour of the transparent rubber/plastic terminal insulators are supposed to be.

Some of the larger ones from, say, the interior where the parking brake switch is seem to be of a greenish hue, even when cleaned thoroughly. Yet a couple of others that are the same dimensions and for the same type of crimp terminal look more like an amber colour. Then there are some that are just so burnt from possibly engine bay heat or UV discoloration, that they are closer to brown- so I'm not sure if they were ever amber to begin with.

For this car I'm most likely going to just use the clear ones as they are, but I was thinking of buying the insulators in bulk and dying some just to give the next harness that extra little touch. But since some people go for the black over the clear where necessary, I figured it's only fair that I poll the members to see what they know aboot it.

Anybody have some solid info on these thingies?

Female-3-5mm-Brass-font-b-Bullet-b-font-

Edited by Careless