IGNORED

Another Dash Question.....

PrOxLaMuS©

never mind, I downloaded, nice work though.

It seems to me that that type mod is a complete rehab. There is nothing in common between the 79 and 70-73 wiring because of additional wiring requirements and design changes.

Big money or mucho time or both would accomplish the task.

I would spend the money on the founding unit as killer suggested, the rest is up to your imagination.

Keith

that is a tough decision.

I would Drive both cars hard and loo\k at the mods available based on what you ulimately want to drive.

I have a 73 with alot of mod and 12,000 $ later it is begining to really be a fine automobile.

The early Z's are very different the the later models.

However, there are fantastic performace enhancements for both.

Classic cars are very individual and meet very indidvidual requirments.

Keiht

The rap around feel you get from tye existing dash will dissapear if you could get the 70-74 dash in it will appear to small and also far away it the 83 shell. All the function hardware is totally diffrent the electronic an vac plumbed climate control system will have to go and a basic heater aircon fitted. the biggest killer is the wireing and the space conjestion that would be created you will need a wheel wrench to get it all in the new dash.

For my 2c find an old Z drive it if you are happy keep it.

cheers

Steve :classic: