IGNORED

4bbl swap on 280z fuel pump issue.

just1n962

Hello all. So I made the decision to ditch my ever failing fuel injection system in my 75 280 and do the four barrel carb conversion. (I have the Arizona Z car intake and holley 390 cfm.) Everything is hooked up and ready to go with the low psi fuel pump (I didn't forget to switch it), and there is no power going to my fuel pump now.. When I took all the fuel injection stuff out I removed the fuel injection wiring, computer, etc.. from the driver side so I don't know if that is what's causing my fuel pump to not have power or not? If anyone knows of a way to fix this I'd greatly appreciate it. 

When you took out the fuel injection wiring, you removed the circuit to power the fuel pump. Search on this site for wiring an electric fuel pump. Be sure to put an inertia switch in the circuit to prevent you from becoming Justin flambe.

Well you wouldn't think it would be simpler to just take out all wiring from my vehicle and replacing it with 260z wiring? I wouldn't be trying to mix and match the two. It would be either one or the other. It probably won't work out though and I'll just keep my harness. Oh by the way, my vehicle not starting was simply caused by one of the connectors on my alternator.... It was never really connected and the day after I drove it (before starting it that day) I decided to tighten down the bolt connection and that's what caused my wiring to go crazy and my positive battery cable to spark... I pulled that red/white wire off the alternator today and it went back to turning over normally..