Sticking Brake Calipers - Page 3 - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Sticking Brake Calipers

Featured Replies

This is the check valve. I removed these from my car when I installed disk brakes in the rear. Disk brakes don't need check valves.

When you get a chance, try taking them out and see if it helps.

 

20 hours ago, Jaymanbikes said:

I got another master installed it, shimmed it out, still same issue as the first go round, system is holding pressure. Here is what I have under the adaptor in the ZX master. 

IMG_0149.JPG

 

  • Author
2 hours ago, beermanpete said:

This is the check valve. I removed these from my car when I installed disk brakes in the rear. Disk brakes don't need check valves.

When you get a chance, try taking them out and see if it helps.

 

 

I will give it a rip when I get sometime to experiment, reinstall the master.  Weird the ZX master is designed for a car with Disc front brakes to the best of my knowledge.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.