scarab - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

scarab

Featured Replies

Were any Scarab's built with a Ford engine rather than the Chevy motor

Our job Superintendent, when I worked for Dayton Showcase had a 72 Z with a Ford hipro 289. He lived in Columbus, Oh. although that was 20+ yrs ago

This is a really good article about the Scarabs http://datsunforum.com/the-scarab-legend-the-original-hybrid-datsun-z/

And this one from our site

This discussion is also good http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/30344-scarab-z/

I think all the Brian Morrow / Scarab Engineering produced cars were 327 Chevy engines.  However, as you can see, conversion kits were available thus allowing the 'opportunity' to install a Ford engine.  Somewhere I read that only the Scarab Engineering produced cars had the peculiar valve covers and quarter panel emblem.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.