IGNORED

Replacing exhaust system on my 72 240z from the manifold to the back

jalexquijano

Nick,
I already had the msa Premium exhaust kit installed. I did noticed there is some detonation when i let the gas pedal go and more pronounced if i go down a hill. Is this normal?? Both of my 72 round 3 screws SU CARBS are tuned and balanced correctly. If i lean the mixture i will have detonation at the intake. Are the gasket sold by MSA good enough? My original stock system was 2". THis one is 2.5"

I would notice when the car was cool I would get some pooping but once it warmed up all was well.
I would stand behind the gasket provided by MSA

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

So these gaskets are really of good quality? The popping is only on deceleration and becomes more accentuated when the car goes down a hill with the foot off the accelerator.

Personally I would probably find a better brand because if I'm not mistaken MSA sends a cheap cardboard type gasket.
I haven't had any leaks but maybe look for a better brand gasket for 2.5 inch exhaust and you'll probably be better off in the long run if it's a daily driver.

Odds are you have blown out a section of your gasket. Dave Rebello and I were just discussing this. He recommends a for exhaust red/orange high temp etc in replacement of the gasket. I did ask him about a copper racing gasket and he has not tested them. They are about $50

19 hours ago, Nick0227 said:

Personally I would probably find a better brand because if I'm not mistaken MSA sends a cheap cardboard type gasket.
I haven't had any leaks but maybe look for a better brand gasket for 2.5 inch exhaust and you'll probably be better off in the long run if it's a daily driver.

Where do i get these high quality 2.5 diameter gasket?

Edited by jalexquijano