IGNORED

Time to sell my Z. What's she worth?

FastWoman

1 hour ago, FastWoman said:

Looking sharp!  I like your copper Z.

I'm used to thinking of trading cash for signed-over title.  How are these transactions conducted over long distances?  Is it done with a contract promising delivery of title when money is received?  Then when money is received, and title is signed over and mailed?  I have to say this is an interesting possibility.

Just make sure you check the validity of any transfer. Don't give anyone your account, no cashiers check and no one willing to pay more than what you are asking. I think it's almost better to take a personal check and wait for it to clear. Of course cash is king. 

I would say between $6 and $7k. I just bought mine two months ago and while yours is nicer mechanically, mine has less rust (AZ car)

Yours is also more original, which i would value higher.

I think with the right buyer you could get around $7k for it (just my personal opinion)

I wouldn't accept anything in the 4's, I think it's worth more than that. I would settle around $5,500 on the low end, if absolutely required

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Thanks, JSM!  Good advice.

And Thanks, FunkytownZ.  It's especially good hearing feedback from someone who has recently been in the market for something like my Z.  I do feel I can wait at least a little while to find the right buyer, so I don't have to sacrifice the car at a low price.  There's barely room in our garage to squeeze both the Miata and the Z, but it's super tight!

• Like 1

On 3/18/2017 at 3:11 PM, FastWoman said:

Looking sharp!  I like your copper Z.

I'm used to thinking of trading cash for signed-over title.  How are these transactions conducted over long distances?  Is it done with a contract promising delivery of title when money is received?  Then when money is received, and title is signed over and mailed?  I have to say this is an interesting possibility.

As I mentioned. You do it at your Bank and Buyer does it at his Bank ( Or Credit Union ) .  Everything is done electronically between the Banks. Only the Banks see your account details and the buyers account details. Once money is in your bank via Banking Electronic transfer the deal is done. Buyer cannot back out ( Unlike PayPal..in which buyer can cancel Automotive and Housing deals ). You then can have your Bank send a FAX of the registration, to the buyers Bank. BTW, a Fax is a legal document. An E-Mail is not. The Banks handle all the documentation for you. The seller has the easy part. The buyer is the one who takes the risk and has to check out the car with due diligence. You usually have a simple Bill of Sale Faxed between Banks with particulars of sale, VIN Numbers of cars. and pictures of VIN Number and mileage on car will also have to be sent to your Bank. Your Bank will give the particular details they want. Best to talk to them before hand. 

I have a personal friend ( John Carlson ) from High School. He is President and CEO of the National Association of Automobile Clubs of Canada Corporation and was inducted into the Hall of Fame the Vintage Car Club of Canada in 1986  This is the way he advised me to handle my cross country purchase of my 280Z, and how the Big $$$ Vintage owners do it. If you ever watch Chasing Classic Cars, vehicles costing hundreds of thousand of dollars ( or Millions )  are transferred regularly by Electronic Transfer between banking institutions.  I trust what he tells me:

http://naacc.ca/john-carlson.html

The only better way IMHO, is if the buyer fly's down and hands you cash money... 

Edited by Chickenman
  • Like 2

Thanks, Chickenman!  I think I'll have to do a bit of further research, because I think it's title companies, and not banks, that might perform this service on my end.  However, this all seems quite do-able.

I'm going to have to put this matter down for a few days.  We have a bunch of medical stuff I have to deal with.  I'm afraid I'll be out of touch.  It's not because I'm ignoring my own thread, but rather because I'm out of town doing other things.  But I'll be back!  ;-)

Thanks to everyone, for now!  I really appreciate your guidance!  :-D

I flew to Miami with $10k in cash to buy my sons truck. They questioned the heck out me with why that was the only thing I brought. It was kinda funny.  They were like why don't you take it out from the bank? I was like I'm part of a small credit union and there are no branches in south FL.