280z strut rebuild - Suspension & Steering - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

280z strut rebuild

Featured Replies

As I dig into ball joints, I look at correcting a leaking strut. I prefer to keep things stock, and assuming its not already been replace with a gas charged cartridge, does anyone have exp with rebuilding the stock setup? the damping seems fine to me as is, so I presume its ok only needing a seal to stop the oil loss. If so from looking at the FSM there is reference to an "oil  seal" and an "o ring". Both these seem to have something to do with keeping the oil in the strut.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.