IGNORED

Production date question...

sennavsprost

EScanlon,

Thanks for the input. I think you're right. I'm keeping things mostly stock for sentimental reasons. I got Jasper to rebuild my engine and send it back to me even though I could have gotten another on exchange. I somehow am more comfortable with that. As far as a show quality type restoration goes I don't think I'd ever want to do that. Sure, I'll polish things up here and there. However, if the only disadvantage of going with a non-original color is losing a few points at a car show or a few hundred dollars on a resale then I'm not going to worry. It looks like the people at <a href =http://www.datsunrestore.com/catalog.html> Too Intense </a> offer just about all of the interior components in lots of colors (including non-stock colors). The only thing missing there are the plastic panels.

Yes, that's the only place I've seen them. Their web page actually says "colors, add 10%", but doesn't mention if any other colors are available and if so, which. At this point I'm thinking a nice blue exterior with a grey interior might be nice. Here's the Infiniti color that I like; how do you guys think it would look on a Z?

post-3294-14150792605251_thumb.jpg

The 10% add'l is for them to dye the panels for you. I didn't ask what colors they offer. Since I didn't want dyed panels. Probably whatever colors of SEM dye they can get.

When I eventually get to the interior of my car, I'll switch to black as I didn't really care for the white anyway. Grey would look nice though.

That blue exterior would look good I think