IGNORED

No power at all

80zx WA

That's all the advice I needed (so far). The terminal and cable were pretty badly corroded, so now I'll be heading to the parts store to get replacements. The fusible link smoked when I knocked the battery on the strut housing when installing a new battery. The acid landed on the link wire and started smoking. (Smh) smooth move on my part.

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

IMG_0819.JPG this wire had battery acid drop on it and began smoking. My vents immediately stopped blowing ANY air at all. Once the car started, more smoke and a burning smell began. I'm not sure what this wire is called. Seems to lead to a harness? The fusible link (second photo) is now split in half. It's labeled "B" (ACC). Any help would be greatly appreciated. IMG_0821.JPGIMG_0822.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Battery acid is a very good conductor.  When it ate through the insulation and contacted the wires it short-circuited them.  You need to split the insulation off of the wires, make sure the copper is intact, clean them up with water (maybe with a little baking soda to neutralize the acid), dry them, and re-insulate them.  You can use electrical tape (if you do it right), or you can cut them, install shrink tubing, reconnect them, and shrink the tubing over the exposed wire.  Easier than it sounds, with the right tools.  Tape probably isn't a great way to do it because the wires are in a bad place and will probably get wet.

The fusible link did its job when the sort circuit happened.  Fix the short circuit, then replace the link.  "B" is just the color.  Black.  "Acc" means Accessory, which is the circuit that your blower motor and other things are on.