IGNORED

high idle 280 zx

steve thompson

Happy T day to all. I finally had time to play with new toy today.  I took off the AFM and removed the cover.  It looks clean and wires solid.

Cleaned out the soot, in the body and checked for smooth operation. Also cleaned connector and pins. I put on AFM but left off the cover so I could move by hand. When I move the unit towards the + side the rpm drops like it should. When released it goes back up to 2000 rpm.

I'm thinking maybe it's not getting a signal to move the spring ?  I let the engine run for several minutes.  Also the AAR thing at 70 degees when you look down the tube is about half open?   I read that someone was making a manual controlled AAR. Any thoughts on that one ?

The idle screw is 2 turns out and the air mixture is 3 full turns out.

Can anyone suggest approximate settings for idle and mixture screws. Thanks for any suggestions. Steve

Oh, just checked the egr. when I press up on diaphragm that brings the revs down too. Seems like not much vacuum to it either.

Edited by steve thompson