IGNORED

Triple Webers-Vacuum Line Question

blodi

Getting ready to install my triple webers. I know the vacuum advance for the webers not hooked up and I have capped off the port at the dizzy. 

My question is about the other vacuum line that went to the back of my airbox with the SU's. It gots from the airbox down to the small junction box under the dizzy. 

What do I do with this line now as there is no port for it to go to now? Do I cap it at the junction box? What have you guys done with it? I can't find any images or info by searching. 

Can you take a picture and post? Only thing I can think of down there is the Evap system flow guide valve. It should have two small hoses. One goes to the Crankcase breather tube coming out of the block.  The small nipple can be capped off at the Crank breather tube, and you can toss the rest of the parts..

Illustration #57.

http://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsun/Z-1969-1978/engine-240z-260z/emission-control-device

Edited by Chickenman
Added link.

Yes, I'm talking about the other hose coming off of #57 there that goes up to the back of the air filter box.  What do I do with that one? Cap it? It normally "breathes" through the air box. 

I can keep the one going to to the crankcase breather tube, right? I'm going to run a K&N filter on the tube itself. 

• 3 months later...

Blodi, I am also doing a triple weber upgrade and was just researching what to do with the 'Flow Control Valve' and its three connections (fresh air, crankcase ventilation and fuel vapor tank) as well. Also, how did you handle the larger crankcase hose connection that feeds both the Flow Control Valve and larger crankcase ventilation control valve up connection on the balance tube which goes away with the old carburetor setup? Could you let me know your solution and how it works? I greatly appreciate any thoughts. Thanks....Zpat

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Classic Zcar Club mobile