IGNORED

SU Mixture Adjustment

cssulliv

Trying to adjust the carbs per the article http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/2-write-ups-on-tuning-su-carbs.html......problem I seem to be having on the rear carb when adjusting the mixture (starting from 2.5 turns from the top, per the manual) is that the motor doesn't respond when I lift the piston. I've turned it out past the 2.5 turns and still no response.  Also tried it from only one turn from the top and get the same thing.  Also, spark plugs are wet & black so I know it's running rich.  Front carb responds normally to piston being lifted.

Any suggestions on trouble shooting the rear carb?

Thanks!

Edited by cssulliv

On a related topic, I feel like I'm running very rich although as per the piston lift check mine seem be set correctly. I've been running premium 93+ octane and wondering if this could have something to do with my gaseous exhaust as the higher the octane the slower the Burn. I'm thinking of going to regular (87 octane) for my next tank. My question is -- can the wrong octane cause challenges with air/fuel mixture settings??

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club