IGNORED

Let's Talk Non-Zed Datsun Colors

Matthew Abate

I dug through the forums and didn't see this topic addressed anywhere, so I thought I would start a thread to see if anyone had anything to add to it.

I will probably end up painting my Z the original Orange (#918), but I have been pondering the idea of painting her a Datsun color that didn't come on the Z originally. There was a Z at the Import Nationals a few weeks ago painted in what I think was the Sora Blue (#563) that came on the roadster and, while not my personal thing, got me thinking that there are tons of beautiful colors Datsun used that didn't make it onto the S30.

So, to that end, I thought this would be an interesting topic to bang on while my build thread slows down a bit. I'll start with a few Datsun colors I think would make nice S30 colors, using Datsun paint chips (http://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au/paint_charts_datsun_nissan.php) as a starting point.

Grey Green #546

71-Datsun-510-02_zps8f73bc92.jpg

Dragon Green #558

69bh5267-640x426.jpg

Turquoise #562

tumblr_njf96aSOQh1qf1f8ho1_1280.jpg

Bamboo #529

7964777156_a7a54ec543_b.jpg

I think this is Datsun Grey #518

318_Datsun_510_Wagon-640x426.jpg

Cocoa Brown #214

Zama-Nissan-Bluebird-U-610-1975-sedan-03