IGNORED

carb question

dero

ive been reading thru some threads and people keep bringing up putting tranny oil in the carbs, ive been needing to put new oil in my su's and i have alot of extra redline tranny fluid, so can i use this or what?

don't use tranny oil (well, gear oil..). it's viscosity is WAY too thick for the application. most gear oils are of the 80W-90 variety, and you should be using 20wt. in your SU's. ATF may work, that stuff's pretty thin... i would goto a parts store and just see if you can find a quart of SAE 20 oil. if they don't have any on the shelf, ask them if they have some in back or if they can order it. might be a hunt nowadays. i havn't seen any 20wt. oil at our local parts stores (and i worked at one) in a while. victoria british and motorsport both sell carb oil, although, i'm not sure how much they sell...

would machine oil work? hmmm..... i dunno...

You can a little 3oz metal squeeze can of 3-in-1 20 weight oil (blue and white color on can) at many places including hardware stores. It's not like you need a whole gallon of the stuff. That's what I've always used and it's what was recommended by Nissan. A quick froogle search turns up this ad with an image:

http://tinyurl.com/95tf