Wheel Size ? - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Wheel Size ?

Featured Replies

Hey guys,

 

New to the Forum, tried the search button but could not find the answer i am looking for, recently purchase 73 Z stock, i have 14' wheels at the moment and wanted to upgrade my brakes to either four piston caliper kit or the wilwood big brake kit. To my understanding i need to upgrade to bigger wheels 15 or higher. I found some wheels that are 16x8x0 offset. will these rims fit, would i need spacers and are to wide? any input is appreciated. thanks 

Yes, you'll need bigger wheels to fit the larger calipers.  I just put a set of 16x7, zero offset Konig Rewind wheels on my '72 240z with 205/55R16 Cooper tires on it.  Next to no rub and the combination looks real good (in my opinion).  I ordered them from DiscountTireDirect.com and due to a system glitch got a super deal for around $600 that they decided to honor.

IMG_1624.JPG  IMG_1622.JPG

 

They fit a lot better than my Xterra 32's that I put next to the car for comparison with the original 14" steelies.

IMG_1618.JPG

Really depends on how wide of tire you put on, and its the front that will rub when you turn.  I wanted to go 225, but I'm not ready to replace my front valance (yet).

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.