IGNORED

console picture?

echocluster

I was looking at the concole picture of a 71. it had another handle beside the choke lever. What does that do? i have the slot but no lever.

is there a way to change the angle on my seat in my 71? i can mive it back and forth but not the other way.

Originally posted by echocluster

I was looking at the concole picture of a 71. it had another handle beside the choke lever. What does that do? i have the slot but no lever.

is there a way to change the angle on my seat in my 71? i can mive it back and forth but not the other way.

That "other" handle is called the Manual Throttle. An early form of cruise control. To my knowledge none of the 240Z's imported into the USA were allowed to have that feature installed. I'm not sure what the laws of Canada allowed.

On your 71 240Z there is limited adjustment of the seatback angle. It is accomplished through the "big round knob" at the junction of the seat bottom and seatback. Rotate the knob and you can get a small amount of angle change.

The hand throttle was probably removed by the P.O.... they're not the safest of levers!

They mechanically pull the accelerator pedal down, and will not let go of it unless you push the lever back. I'm sure you could imagine why this wouldn't be very safe in certain situations!!!

Originally posted by Alfadog

They mechanically pull the accelerator pedal down, and will not let go of it unless you push the lever back. I'm sure you could imagine why this wouldn't be very safe in certain situations!!!

Which is why our Federal government would not allow them to be installed in US models of 240Z.