battery cables 75 280z - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

battery cables 75 280z

Featured Replies

When I got my Z a few months ago I noticed those clamp on style terminals (where you cut off the orig end and just replace that and not the cable).

I tried to find a correct cable (4 ga with 2 assy terms one for the EFI and one for the chassis ground) but could not find one on line. I ended up going to advance auto and for about 15$ I got a 48" neg with the two leads that had crimp on ends attached. Cut it down to about 24" and removed the plastic on the crimp on ends so I could solder in the EFI and ground lead. Finished up with some heat shrink. Solder on copper lug for the connection at the starter mounting bolt. Looks a lot better and I hope will be trouble free (never know about the quality of the part in the 1st place but I figure it has to be better than that rigged up deal I started with).

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.