IGNORED

Recommendation for new radiator and elctrical fan for 280Z

Marios280Z

Hey guys, just want to say that I finally wired the manual can override. I used one of the rubber grommets as rozzi sugested to bring the wire into the cabin. Then I repurposed the REAR DEFOGER switch and connected the wire from my can relay to it as seen in the picture.

post-30354-0-10194600-1446342110_thumb.j

The black wire is the one that I brought from the relay. The fan instal manual shows to use 15A fuse inline with the hot wire going into the switch, and since the DEFOGER has its own 20A fuse in the fuse box, I think I'm OK. Just to be clear my DEFOGER does not work. I get the power at the REAR window, but unfortunately all the traces are broken. So I thought it was a good use of a currently installed switch. I also get nice blue light indication telling me that the fan is on. If any of you sees anything wrong with this implementation, let me know.

On a different note, I have not investigate the REAR lights any further to look for a potential short. I've been driving for a while now and everything seems to be OK. I'm really wondering if it was a case of a 38 year old fuse that simply failed.