IGNORED

I'm About Done With The %**&ing Efi

mjr45

MIke,

There is a chance I will be in NM/CO this summer. If I do & you still have issues, we'll try to schedule a time to get together. For that matter even if it's fixed and schedules work out, I wouldn't mind meeting another Z'er. I'm still unsure about my travel plans.

Len

Len, I don't have a fuel injected car, but I would love to meet you and show you "Mr. Brown" (I think about converting to FI to eliminate carbs so I'm very interested in your "Hellfire). Plus, Fort Collins is THE craft brewer place to be. Plus, we have some of the finest twisties you can imagine. Hope to see you this summer.

Cheers, Mike

Isn't best to just get some z therapy carburetors? I'm getting 24 mpg and that's a somewhat rich tune with sm needles on a zx engine. I almost bought a EFI Z a while ago but not having a modern fuel injection setup is cumbersome when things get old. I'm a mechanic part time and I deal with efi all the time but I have a powerful scanner which makes life easier. However, I can still find myself for hours on my laptop scratching my head with all the sensor monitoring in front of my face. Good luck..but seriously think about just junking that efi if you can afford some carburetors. In my 5 years of running z therapy carbs I only had to tune is twice. Once when I installed them. And the second time was when I did a $^!# load of ignition mods and camshaft. Otherwise it fires up on second or third rotation of the engine. A lot ppl are surprised by how good it runs when I tell them it's got carbs.

Edited by 71Nissan240Z

Len I would love to see you and talk for awhile, maybe we could meet uo somewhere that Pop's Z, you and I could meet up. Hows the HellFire coming?

71, I might make the switch, but I'm trying to keep it fairly original and right now don't have the $ to put in carbs.