auto to manual - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

auto to manual

Featured Replies

If changing a 73 240z to manual will a 280zx box do the job and keep the ratios about right or should I be changing everything, i.e. box and diff? Should the diff be an r200, if so, how do tell if it is???

G

I'm not sure about the ratios - But the 280ZX trans fits nicely - R180 or R200 will work fine - R180 will need your '73 drive shaft - the R200 will need the drive shaft from the donor car.

- Jeff

I just did an auto to man swap. If you need any help at all IM me and I will walk you through. It took me about 4 weeks of my spare time (waiting on some parts and cold and just kinda lazy) but it is done and drives (pretty nice crazy in second) and I am done.

Feel free to ask for anything.

-Bryan

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.