'70 Rear Brake Outer Tabs? - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

'70 Rear Brake Outer Tabs?

Featured Replies

I'm puzzled by these tabs that run along the back edges of the rear brake panel of a '70. They are rusted out so kind of hard to tell what they are. I don't have them on my  stock '72. Forget my '71, it's been modified with disc brakes.  Does anyone know exactly what these tabs are for and what they actually look like?  I've searched for images with no luck. :unsure:

 

 

 

post-28514-0-93239100-1421284620_thumb.j

post-28514-0-79683000-1421284631_thumb.j

  • Author

Any 1970 240Z owners out there willing to help? I will have to grind them off anyways but i'm curious to know the purpose of them. :(

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.