IGNORED

Affordable Chrome Plating; Year End Forum Promotion

9teen7t240z

Mike,

Your last post reminded me that we currently have two sets of 260/280Z bezels (like the ones on your car) in for plating, that will become part of our limited inventory. We should have those back in the next 2-3 weeks. If you don't have cores to exchange and are interested in purchasing these, contact us right away at vintagechromellc@gmail.com. We have very few sets of these bezels available and may not receive more for months.

Randy   

Now that I've worked my way through the posting gremlins (thanks to Mike Good), I am attaching some pics of the pieces that were mentioned above. While many of these parts are plastic, you'll note that some are steel, stainless steel, and "pot metal". We can do it all, so don't be shy about asking for info on any other parts that you may want a quote for.

post-23257-0-95468400-1418271065_thumb.j

post-23257-0-43877500-1418271129_thumb.j

post-23257-0-16289200-1418271207_thumb.j

post-23257-0-92066000-1418271257_thumb.j

post-23257-0-44350700-1418271349_thumb.j

post-23257-0-37019800-1418271434_thumb.j

post-23257-0-99861300-1418271570_thumb.j

post-23257-0-68568700-1418271671_thumb.j

post-23257-0-22603600-1418271850_thumb.j

post-23257-0-81667500-1418271904_thumb.j

well i can't read your post... but i am interested in your services :) i've been toying with having the hood vents on my 78 chromed.

what would the price be for a pair of hood vents and how well will the plating hold up in this application? heat, cold, weather, etc.

Rossiz,

For the pair of hood vents, you'd be looking at $150. plus return shipping. Can you confirm whether the surrounds are plastic, or are they metal like the actual ribs?

As for your question on durability, these will be extremely durable as they are all electro-plated and come with a triple-plate finish. I've often thought about chrome plating these vents myself, for a custom look. Let me know if I can be of service.

Mike 

hey mike - that sounds good. i'll have to pull the vents to confirm the materials, but i'm pretty sure they're all plastic. mine are painted, so it's hard to tell... but one of the studs was broken off my drivers side vent and i epoxied it back in - the stud is a square head moulded into the plastic perimeter. let me know the details on shipping and turn-around time - it's a good time for me to do this, as the z is currently out of commission waiting for a head re-build.

thanks!

geoff

Hi Geoff,

This is Randy, Mike's business partner. Mike's headed out of town and may not have computor access the next couple of days so I thought I'd jump in. If you have questions while he's gone feel free to contact me offline at vintagechromellc@gmail.com and I'll provide the details on shipping and turn time. I recently sold a set of the hood vents and I believe you're right, the vents themselves are plastic, with a metal backing plate they attach to.

Randy

Hi Roy,

I also have a 67 1600, and yes we can help you with each of the parts you asked about. We're plating each of these items for other customers currently. It's probably best if you contact me at our company email address (vintagechromellc@gmail.com) so we don't offend any of the Z only guys. Thanks for inquiring, we'd be more than happy to provide a quote. If your parts have significant damage, bad dents, rust, etc. it would be helpful to have you send a few pics so we can provide an accurate quote.

Randy

Update:

As a friendly reminder, please be sure to dis-assemble all parts, including multi-part bumpers, before shipping, and remove things such as the rubber pieces before shipping to us. For purposes of re-chroming, we need to receive only those pieces that you wish to be re-plated. We don't have the systems in place to inventory, store, and return things such as rubber bumper pieces, carriage bolts, nuts, etc., unless, of course, you wish to have those pieces re-chromed as well. With respect to the 3 piece rear bumper assemblies, they too need to be dis-assembled prior to shipping in order for us to properly assess the condition and suitability of the pieces for re-plating.

Thanks to all of you for the wonderful response to our promotion. We look forward to helping you with your rides.

Mike Robbins

Randy Lewis

Vintage Chrome LLC 

can you rechrome  radio faceplates?

i mean the chrome lettering on them.

Yes, we can and have done a few radio faceplates in the past. (I'll search my photo archives and try to find a pic or two when I get a minute). Please note, however, that we can't just plate the lettering. The entire faceplate is chromed and then the portions of the plate that are supposed to be black will need to be painted. Will look for pics of those and similar parts and try to upload them later tonight.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to locate any recent pics in my archives of re-chromed radio face plates. I'll continue to look for them, but, in the meantime, I am attaching a couple of photos of somewhat similar plastic parts that we had re-chromed the entire pieces, then painted the non-raised portions. In the end, the finished product looks correct. The samples below are of 240z glove box door emblems, and an emblem from a non Z Datsun (510 maybe?).

Mike

post-23257-0-64706500-1419041020_thumb.j

post-23257-0-54927300-1419041076_thumb.j

post-23257-0-14029900-1419041146_thumb.j

We’ve had an excellent response to our year-end chrome plating sale and a lot of last minute interest. A number of people have indicated they need to do some disassembly before shipping their parts, with the holidays getting in the way of that. So, we’ve agreed to extend the sale a few days to accommodate those individuals and any others of you who may have come late to the party. We will honor our sale pricing another 10 days, for all parts received at our depot by 1/10/2015. Let me know if there are any parts you’d like quoted. Contact me at vintagechromellc@gmail.com.

Randy