IGNORED

Is The 280Z Fuel Injected

Mjohnson5513

I don't use my cold-start injector or the AAR lately, and my car will eventually start in the winter weather. I drove it once last December, the day before it started snowing, in freezing temperatures.

Mr. Johnson-

Be aware that the 280Zed doesn't have modern, microprocessor-controlled fuel injection.  It is still fuel-injection, but simpler.  Don't let people convince you that they can "chip" the "computer" for more horsepower or performance, since there is no "computer" or "chip" on the car unless you have a satellite receiver installed.  The last "expert"  that looked at my engine told me I swapped-out the computer, the idle-air motor, and removed the Oxygen sensors!  :rolleyes:

IMO, if you have a heated garage, and want to work on the car over the winter, that is fine.  Please don't drive it on the Great-Lakes winter streets, or until it it rains a couple of times in the Spring.

In the meantime, you should get a copy of the correct service manual and the "280Z Fuel Injection Guide" to pass the winter months  http://xenons30.com/reference.html

I'd continue driving the Honda.  Your winter daily driver should be a sacrificial car that's already seen a lot of salt.. 

Heck, where you live, I'd not only want a rust-bucket beater to drive in the winter, but I'd also want it to have antilock brakes and all wheel drive -- maybe one of the Subarus.  If the person in front of you can stop faster with antilock brakes than you can stop WITHOUT antilock brakes, then the accident will be your fault!  And when that person in front of you is driving a tall truck or SUV, and you're driving a low-slung Z, guess where the nose of your Z goes!

There's no reason a Z can't be a great daily driver, but it's best if it's a fair-weather daily driver.  You should have some other car to drive in rain and snow.  I say that as someone who used to live and drive in the frozen North.