IGNORED

Flat spot under light throttle application.

azriel_strife

I just ordered a 1.5ohm 12v petronix 40,000v coil, it's made for electronic ignition so it should be fun running at 12v on the hot spark module.

Also gapped my plugs up to .45 to take advantage of the hotter spark i'll have when the coil is in. I really hope this will do the trick.

I figured the floats were fine with the SM needles being so rich. I could go a half turn richer on the fuel screws too i guess. but i want to change one thing at a time until it goes away, to be sure what the problem was.

but from what i have been reading, my static compression is over 10:1 at least. and the compression in the chambers with the stock cam will reach around 200psi. this leads to knock or poor burning. a hotter cam will bring the compression down to around 160 or so, and should move my power band farther up.

It's possible my old stock coil was just old and tired, and couldn't produce a strong spark past 3000rpm anymore. so we shall see!