IGNORED

240k Race car - GTR tribute

mikec(nz)

• 2 weeks later...

She ran pretty well, weather was a bit sh%$. We did have a bit of shuddering under braking which I think is a alignment issue and it was losing a bit of fuel pressure at the end of the straight, which we think is due to the standard lines leading from the tank to the fuel pump. So will fix those.

Videos are not far away

Here's some pics to tide you over

post-30608-14150830141039_thumb.jpg

post-30608-14150830141396_thumb.jpg

post-30608-14150830141783_thumb.jpg

There was a lot of positive attention and I got interviewed by the TV station and the car was videoed but don't think it made it to broadcast.

My laps results are here Event results - details - MYLAPS Sports Timing look under HMC and Pre 78 Saloons - car 77

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Haven't posted for a while but she is still running sweet and has seen a bit more track action.

Upgraded the rear brakes with discs as well but managed to snap an axle launching off the start line.  Lucky we had gone to disc as it held the wheel on, snapped a shock but no major damage.

snap1.jpg

snap2.jpg

snap3.jpg

snap4.jpg

Also upgraded the LSD with a Quaife version. and repainted suspension new bearings/crosses etc

diff1.jpg

diff2.jpg

diff3.jpg

diff4.jpg

diff5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...