IGNORED

Help with steering wheel reassembly

Guest OrangeZCrush

Guest OrangeZCrush

Need your help with on a 73 240, the order that the steering wheel components go back on the steering wheel. I have the following parts: Steering wheel; round metal piece, that is the shape of a hat and attaches to the steering wheel; spring; round plastic piece; round metal piece that is attached to the plastic piece and finally the pad. I took it apart to redo the wheel and the Alzheimers I think got the best of me. Thanks in advance for the Help.:confused:

I have a Haynes Owners workshop manual for this car and no details are shown for the steering wheel. It mentions only the retaining nut, upper bearing,steering column, steering shaft and lower bearing. No detailed description of the steering wheel itself. Just play with the parts, you will find the way they all slip back together. Good luck! cliff

P S ..... Chilton mentions Re. 1973 Datson sedans...... There are three types of horn bottons or rings on Datsuns. The first simply pulls off. The second, which is usually a large, semi-triangular pad, must be pushed up, then pulled off. The third must be pushed in and turned clockwise.

I have never had mine apart so I do not know of what I speak, I just thought these words copid from the manual would be helpful to you. Be patient and don't give up! cliff

Guest OrangeZCrush

Cliff a guy on Zcar.Com gave me the correct way for reassembly. I knew that there are different horn pads. I got it now and it looks like a new wheel. Thanks, Tim