Camshaft Lift Question.... - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Camshaft Lift Question....

Featured Replies

Hi Guys,

Couple of questions that I'm sure have been asked on here but I really can't find the answers when I searched.

Basically the situation is that I'm looking to upgrade the cam in my 260Z (with the 240Z style round tops and extractors) as it is running out of breath.

Now my first question is: Does anyone have a recommendation for lift/duration on a basically stock setup like the above?

I know that my current cam is 256/256 degree duration and 0.276/0.290 lift. (I if my conversion is correct!)

Second question: At what point do I have to worry about the springs binding? Is a 0.460 lift alright, or can I go a bit further?

And lastly:

do I need to retard or advance the timing? (I'm guessing advance?)

Any advice would be great as I want to order it tomorrow for a race in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks again,

Ross.

BTW before you ask, the car is for the track but needs to be drivable around town so nothing too mental :classic:

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.