IGNORED

has anyone used chambered exhaust on an L6?

2sixTZombii

I plan to have a local build a twice pipe system under my car. I want something unique, thats got a nice throaty agressive sound. I was wondering if anyone has tried out a using chambered exhaust, especially if someone used it with twice pipes, but either way how it would sound with the inline six, I love what it sounds like with V8s but there a different animal. I heard it on a flathead straight six in a studebaker it sounded great but I'm curious if anyone here has tried or knows a reason it wouldn't sound nice.

Whatever exhaust you run you have to run a resonator(s) to keep the drone at bay. I'm running 2" duals and turbo straight thru magnaflows. It gives a deep tone, but I run mufflers at the rear and 2 resonators also. I'm getting ready to replace my glasspack(resonators) with straight thru 3" magnaflows. The cheap glasspacks wore out fast and the exhaust got annoying after a while. Run the biggest muffler you can fit and a chambered will probably be quieter then my turbo straight thru. I would think a 'performance' chambered would give a good sound.

I went thru great lengths to make my dual exhaust, but have no regrets. i have owned many hot rods and this exhaust sounds better then all of them. The little L6 can sound deep and rich with the right set-up.

I also run headers too.