IGNORED

Finally fitted some new seats

RevS30

My 1970 never had seats when I got it and I have been bumming a spare for a driver seat. Got a set of 96 miata seats from a friend so I decided to finally install them. Pretty straight forward. After modifying the stock mx5 seat brackets to be flat the driver side literally bolted in the stock holes no problem. Passenger side needed new holes drilled 1/2 over from stock location towards trans tunnel but that was it. Overall I really like the feel of them, and the adjustability over stock.

post-30389-14150828772729_thumb.jpg

I did the same thing a couple years ago. You'll never know this since you never drove on the Z seats, but the Miata seats hold you in WAY better than stock. Also, since they are fabric they are much more comfortable than vinyl in hot weather.

Thanks Jim! Decent upgrade on the car, it's gonna be a daily so I'm going for a sort of restomod on it. Tlorber, I have a couple other S30 that I don't drive so I don't know how much better these are over stock but I'm sure I'll find out! Haha, I've always liked cloth over vinyl or leather but my other cars have to stay stock. At the least the other 70 and my 72.