IGNORED

Fusible Link Diagram

TomoHawk

I will be re-labeling my fusible link covers soon, and I would like to pinpoint the purpose of the four fusible links on the right-hand shock tower.

I saw an informative diagram somewhere, but I can't find it again. I also have the usual simple diagram from AltlanticZ techtips showing which color goes to which terminals, but I'd like more specific details.

I know one fusible link is solely for the headlamps, but the other three are, for example, the ignition relay, the EFI interlock relays, and the alternator charging to electrical devices (accessories like the radio, gauges and inferior lamps.) One is what you would call the B+ to the ignition switch, for example, but I didn't note what the others go to.

Can anyone help? Having specific information on the fusible links helps to diagnose any electrical problems.

Edited by TomoHawk

That is similar to what is in the 78 wiring diagram.

You can always disconnect 1 at a time to see what drops. It looks like the black FL feeds the fuel gauge and hazard light on the schematic. You can follow the wires from each fusible link then use the disconnect and multimeter testing to verify.