IGNORED

help with rb30

gaz

hey all just wounding if any one can help me with a rb30 converstion iam doing nedd invo on the mounts and brackets at the moment its hanging in the engine bay and the r31 skyline brakets wont let the motor coem down enough to shut the bonett any help would be great thanks:D

Hi Gaz.

How much clearance hve you got between the sump and the cross member? will you have to modified the sump to get the engine any lower.

Sounds like you'll have to modify your engine mounts.

Another (more expensive) way to get extra clearance at the top of the engine is to go for an after market intake manifold that points forward, instead of crossing over the top of the engine, though i dont know if/how available they are for the RB30.

Try doing a search of the forums by clicking the search link near the top of the page.

check out

www.hybridz.org

Originally posted by Mr Camouflage

Hi Gaz.

How much clearance hve you got between the sump and the cross member? will you have to modified the sump to get the engine any lower.

www.hybridz.org

you might be able to use the sump off a 200zr, don't know if this needs mods on an RB30 (it does for RB26's but doesn't on RB20's or RB25's). I'm using that sump + modified mounts and my engine is pretty dam low.

best to change the mounts, might as well have the engine as low as it can go and as far back as it can go for better handling.