IGNORED

Strange whirring noise from engine...

rossiz

We then sorted the distributor timing, revised some mis-matched vacuum lines, tuned the AFM, adjusted the BCDD setpoints,

Congratulations on all of your hard work. Finished just in time to have a sweet summer!!!

Not that I am being lazy, but are there any particular pieces of advice on these tasks? In all of the years I have had these cars, I have often appreciated others techniques (especially since I am always missing something). I am also keenly interested in the BCDD setpoints. I think that the BCDD issue has been long neglected in the forum. I have been hesitant about messing with the AFM also but this is encouraging me...

Great Work!

Edited by ZCurves

the bcdd is pretty simple - the cover pops off and you will see the contacts. the housing has 2 screws in slotted holes, so you can loosen the screws and twist the housing back/forth to adjust exactly when the little plastic cam profile opens/closes the contacts. set the revs to ~1200 and twist/adjust until the off-idle contacts just open. the wot adjustment is locked to the plastic cam profile, so it's really just the off-idle adjustment that needs done.

oh, and i forgot a few other "creature comforts" - i wired a usb port in the ashtray (perfect place to hold the iphone) and an aux input for the stereo in the center blank-off plate between the seatbelt light and the flasher light.

post-30163-14150828349299_thumb.jpg

post-30163-14150828348652_thumb.jpg

Geoffrey, I really like your ride, and I think it's great Blue dropped in to help you get it straight! Wow, what a great community, eh?! Let's hope the whirring/whistling doesn't amount to anything. I would mark it up to "cobwebs."

Now I think I'd tell your daughter she can't ride shotgun, because she only brings your car bad luck.