IGNORED

What's next?

John&Jim

My friend's '72 240Z Series 30 is a garage queen that is a family heirloom. My friend is disabled, so I help him with it occasionally. It is started occasionally and run for awhile to get the engine warmed up.

It now won't start - at all. The starter spins it well, and there it has a half-tank of gas. I pulled the No. 1 spark plug, which was a little dirty, but not particularly fouled. We cranked it over, and there was pretty good spark.

I disconnected the discharge side of the fuel pump at the front carb, and cranked again. Gas is flowing in even pulses from the end of the hose.

Took off the air cleaner and tried again with no result.

Throttle linkage seems to be working OK, and the choke shafts are turning (externally).

What might be next? Do the SU carbs need to be overhauled? A few weeks ago, it would start, after a lot of cranking, but would barely run.

Thanks in advance.

John