280ZX-R Hatch Strut Replacement - Classic ZX - 2nd to 4th Generation - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

280ZX-R Hatch Strut Replacement

Featured Replies

Gas Strut Specs.pdfI wanted to pass on some information about heavy duty struts for any ZXR owners looking to replace your weak or worn out hatch struts. I have tried a few different standard struts with less than desirable results due to the weight of the hatch with the whale tail most struts are just not the right capacity rating. I have found that the capacity needs to be a minimum of 70lbs. The original struts (Nissan #99996-R8004) I believe have an 80lb. rating. I have attached a PDF with the specs. I found that work well.

Enjoy the ride!

Phil

  • 1 year later...

Or you can use a 90 96 300ZX 2+2 Hatch struts...... they work great especially with a spoiler and rear louver.....

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.