Block breather tube ?? - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Block breather tube ??

Featured Replies

Ok....so I know this is going to sound wierd and strange but I do really need some help with this one.

Here's the deal: The block breather tube (the one that comes out of the block underneath the carbs and in front of the exhaust, with me here?) on my original engine was :tapemouth REMOVED!!!! :mad: by the PO.

For whatever reason I don't know. Here's my problem. I have another block that still has one it. How the hell do I remove it?

I have tried using adjustable pliers and Vise-grips but all it seems to do is bend the tube or start to ruin it. I'm at a loss on this guys. I want the original engine for my car rebuilt and in the car, but I really can't go any farther in the rebuild until I get this sorted out. Can somebody help me? :(

They are a bitch!!In fighting with that and the dip stick tube I have found once the vise grips fail you must remove the oil pan and tap it out from the inside.I used a socket that fit the hole and hit the inside lip of the tube. Just a "what if"but,what if you put something that has very close to the same inside diameter into the tube.Drill a hole thru the tube and the insert,put a nail or such to act as a pin thru the hole.Fashion a slide hammer using dumbell weights or such on the pole you added.Just a thought. That tube is tapered.Once it moves, it will fall out.Its just that first movement. Daniel You could also add a radiator clamp behind the pin to reduce tearing.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.