IGNORED

new project

stcos85

After a good 6 months looking I finally found a 240k that is in a reasonable but requiring resto condition.

During the search I was offered a 180b sss coupe with only 2 previous owners. As I cant say no I ended up buying it, then up came a 200b sss coupe in pieces for a small amount of money and I bought that. Then up came the 240k so now I have 3 cars all requiring resto works to various levels.

Plans for the 240k are to fit the GTR style front and rear spoliers and flares. the front grille is a bit expensive with the funds I currently have so that may have to wait. May keep the engine as standard but with the 200b came a manual 240k box so may use this unless I go for a complete powerplant change and go for later skyline running gear.

Looking for a bit of advice as I may keep the 240k with a reasonably year related engine setup but not sure yet. What is the best way to go regarding engines.

The 240k will be a sunday driver but the 180b will be set up to do a few track days etc so maybe looking at a 4 cylinder turbo setup.

Will post up some pics at the weekend.

Local boy,

not far at all; would love to see all the beasts so be sure to get some photos up soon.

Engine choice in K's so many options

RB single cam - Turbo or non turbo

RB twin cam

L Series 6

dare i say Nissan V8 power plant?!!?!

any of those options would be able to be engineered if transplanted as a stock powerplant.

Its a bit of a addiction really datsuns, i recently just added a 200B SSS to the Stable of K's as well

• 3 months later...
Got those photos?

will post up a few over the weekend. Spent last week on the 180b and after taking out the rear window found quite a bit of rust at the base of the window and into the parcel shelf area. have cut that out and made the repairs having found a donor 180b in the wreckers that was a bit more solid in that area. now need to get the front window out and see whats hiding under the bottoms of the window. only remaining area is the inside of the passenger guard at the bottom that I have cut out and need to repair but its a bit of a fiddly shape

will get the 200b ready for paint first and then move onto the 240k. I bought a repair panel from the people in sydney and it fitted well. lets hope they get the 240k in and start making the panekls. timing might be just right for the 240k.

Picked up a set of triple webers for the 240k so may just keep the current engine. not into speeding anywhere just want it to sound good so will fit a decent etractor and exhaust to go with the carbs.

don't really know how its happened but at the beginning of the year I had no Datsun's, now have 23 plus a donor car.

Pics of the 240k, 180b and 200b. Also just bought another 200b sss coupe this week as a donor car.

my son has decided to help with the 200b as he is going to use it and spent last weekend rubbing it down. has minimum rust, just in the bottoms of the doors, so will be welding that up this weekend and getting it in hi fill ready for paint.

As you can see I have started on all 3. once the 200b is done I will concentrate on the 180b and then hopefully the Sydney company will have repair panels available for the 240k as I need new rear quarters among other items unless someone has a donor car with panels that they will sell to me.

post-29556-14150828657167_thumb.jpg

post-29556-14150828658072_thumb.jpg

post-29556-14150828658695_thumb.jpg

post-29556-14150828683834_thumb.jpg

post-29556-14150828684637_thumb.jpg

The 200b will stay its original red only because I want to get it done quick and engine bay is already that colour. hope to have it in hi fill this weekend if I get all the small rust repairs completed.

I have worn the wife down to the point where she no longer knows what cars I have so adding another is a simple process, like she does with shoes. I have a few other cars besides this and she cant tell one old car from another.

• 2 weeks later...

Crikey!

Found a 240K coupe after 6 months...I've been looking for 4 years!

One disadvantage of living in WA I guess.

I've even looked at trying to get a C210 or a 180B SSS with no luck.

Currently looking at an unfinished 1600 ..my head says go for it as parts are plentiful but my heart says a 6 cyl coupe.

What to do? :disappoin

Edited by R34