IGNORED

81 280zx brains

dillbill

I have an 81 280zx turbo and was wondering where the brains are I got the car with aftermarket seats I recently pulled them and all the carpet out there is a metal box under each seat I was wondering what those are are they the brains ? Or did the 81 zxt have electric seats are they motors let me know please

Hey dillbill... I have an 83 NA, so I'm not sure if it's even remotely the same setup, but the one under the driver's seat is the rear defogger control and on the right, I have 3 separate units. "Looking as if you were sitting in the rear seat (2+2)", the first one is the relay for the rear defogger control and the tail/stop light sensor. The 2nd one is the cruise control unit, while the 3rd one is the relay for the cruise control. Obviously, these may be somewhere else on your car since it's a turbo and an '81, but that's the setup on an '83. Good luck.