EF-37 Circuit Test - Page 2 - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

EF-37 Circuit Test

Featured Replies

  • Author

Thanks. As you probably suspected in the beginning, the TVS was set in a position preventing idle contact. I have eyeballed now enough to get continuity and will reconnect everything to set it more accurately at 1400 rpm.

I don't know why the FSM did not suggest checking that first as you did.

I think it is in there somewhere in the print...could be in the EFI bible or in a graph.

Page EF-56 in the 77FSM says to adjust so that the idle contact opens after 7 degrees of throttle plate rotation.

I'm happy to help.... once you dig in a bit more you will be an expert. I remember doing what you are now doing :)

I just dug deeper to find my source:

78 FSM says to set TVS to change at 4 degrees (idle breaks) and 34 degrees (WOT makes)

It also say in item 8 on page EF-41 to set the idle to 1400 rpm then rotate the TVS to just make/brake at that point.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.