1978 280Z Seat covers opinion wanted - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

1978 280Z Seat covers opinion wanted

Featured Replies

Hello all,

I am looking at replacing my original seat covers and cushions. This place has some good options for me.(Welcome to the Interior-innovations!)

My question is :

Has anyone gotten the Perforation Option on their seat covers vs. non?

Is there a difference going from the basket weave to the solid in vinyl?

My original seats have the 'basket weave' on the sitting area and backs. The new ones I am looking at do not, or I can get the perforations.

Do the perforations match the comfort of the 'basket weave' regarding breathability?

Im in Texas. and it gets hot sometimes around here!

Thanks.

Don't know, but the perforated panels look very nice!

I never tested nor do I know someone who has on what would be cooler. Also the amount of perforations will be a big factor. Personally I think the weave would be cooler. The other option is to go cloth, it will breath even better. You can get some flame retardant blue denim and have a retro 70's look. Also they make cooling pad that can be mounted in the seats, that might help.

I went with cloth inserts and they do breathe better.

post-15388-14150827040007_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Maybe put a better way...

Basket Weave Seat covers? or the newer third party version, a little more sporty looking?

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.