IGNORED

Noobie here needs Fuel pump help!

JRSGTS

I don't know about their availability. I suspect you can't get them new (old stock), but there are certainly wrecking yard parts. However, it's not all that difficult to refurbish the things, as I understand, and a refurbished switch would be better than another old switch in considerably used condition.

I consider it a karma thing (note the play on words ;)), but I think there's something wrong with replacing an out-of-production part on a classic car without trying to fix it (or have it fixed). That only contributes to the disappearance of parts and the shortening of the time our cars can be kept on the road.

Here's an article for a 240 switch, but I suspect the 280 switch is very similar:

Turn Signal Repair | Fiddling With Z Cars

The new exhaust should be sweet! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the link Sarah. I was thinking I might have to do that if he didn't come up with one. I know his signals worked if you held the mast in place, but it was quite floppy. I figured it was more than just a contact issue. Have to wait till it gets here to diagnose properly. If it's real messed up I'll contact Dave or Steve above. Thanks guys!