Looking for a km/h speedometer! - Page 3 - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Looking for a km/h speedometer!

Featured Replies

Looks great!

If you're going to sell some, you can put me on the list!

I've never disassembled the tacho. Do you believe there's a way to change the odometer also to fit kph instead of mph? have you seen how it works? Not a big issue but it could be very cool to get a 100% kph conversion.

  • Author

Matt: I have made 70 plates, 30 Euro and 40 Jdm. Im going to sell these when they are ready. I have 1 small problem with testing. Its winter here and my car is in storage so i cant test it for real. I have a guy in France how is interested in these and i will send a plate to him so he can test it. Still have to solve the transperent plastic (brake light etc) and the pin for the needle to rest on. And some painting in holes. So there are some work left but it looks like its going to be a very good alternative to the paper/stickers.

I dont think you could make a mph gauge read km. You need to change the internal with a kph speedo. Correct me if im wrong.

I put you on the list./Andreas

  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, im very interested too. I have the 160 mph gauge.

Im in sweden skåne.

I'm in contact with the person in France, we're all part of the same club ;)

I'll keep an eye on your progress. Keep up the good work!

Edited by Lazeum

  • Author

Hi. Sorry for the time it has taken. My youngest daughter broke her right leg on ski holiday so everything else has been put in slowmotion mode. But now shes up walking again.

I will print the transparant plastic for the brake light next week (i found the right color i think) if i can get some free time in the machine.

Hope to have some plates ready in a couple of weeks.

  • 2 weeks later...
S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Speedometer plates are finaly done and will be sent to France for testing. Pics of final product ( original plate in the middle ).

post-23183-14150827897048_thumb.jpg

post-23183-14150827897751_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Forgot, the price will be 40 euro.

Hi Andreas, I'll check it out with David or Sean (not sure who's your contact afterall). Thanks for your effort! It seems to be great work.

  • Author

Hi Matt

My contact is Sean. I will ship one of each plate to him on monday.

Perfect! I'll keep in touch with him then.

  • Author

The plates are ready and for sale. Just let me know.

  • 4 months later...
  • Author

Just wanted to say that there are only around 10 jdm Speedoplates left if anyone is interested.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.