IGNORED

Questions about Throttle Rods

Webmanic70

Note: This is regarding a 1970 RHD setup

I had my throttle linkage assembly plated last week with a disastrous result. The cleaning agent used by the platers corroded the plastic socket joints which has made them useless. Is there anyway of repairing these or do I need to find some new rods? If so, are they reproduced or is it a case of getting searching for a secondhand set? Has anyone used throttle rods from another car such as the mercedes W107SL? (See Pic below)

post-15177-14150825973429_thumb.jpg

I also noticed that the linkage rod that runs parallel to the firewall came in different lengths? See pics below. The longer one is off my 1970 240z the other shorter one is off a later model 240z. Unfortunately this will make it even harder to find a replacement.

post-15177-14150825972545_thumb.jpg

post-15177-14150825972758_thumb.jpg

post-15177-1415082597315_thumb.jpg

Edited by Webmanic70

Two options. Make new ones using new snazzy ends sourced from midwest control products,

DMCBH-5: DMCBH - Midwest Control Products Corp. (make your own 5mm threaded rods, the stockers are 4mm)

or I can send you a selection from my collection of originals if you want OEM look and feel. Just let me know what lengths you need.

Thanks Jim, I was trying to find who supplied the 'snazzy ends' in case this was my only choice.

I take it your collection of originals are from a LHD? From what I can tell, the rod for the RHD zeds (zee's) are longer because the linkage is going to the other side of the car.

Edited by Webmanic70

Yes, my collection is all LHD, so the longest rod won't do for your RHD linkage. Would have to weld two rods together to make it work, seems too much trouble. I can send you some rods just to get the ends if you want, and you can fab up what you need.