IGNORED

Side Window Replacement?

Seanh

Well my drivers side window broke out today, must have gotten wedged sideways or something, either way I dont car why it broke right now, but I need to know what I can do. Me and my dad were looking at it and it looks like it a fairly straight peice of glass, so I figure we could make a replica out of clear fiberglass or lexan or something. Would this work? Is the original 72 240z window a staraight peice of glass? If not, is there any way to make a cheap fix for it? The car is a peice of crap so I dont care what it looks like, as long as it will keep people out of the car just as well as glass will (aka no scran wrap :ermm: ) So what should I do? I am in a hugh hurry because this is my only car now and I have to have it done as fast as possible. Does anyone have one for sale? If so how much? Please email me at seany13@alltel.net Thanks!

The door window glass is not a "straight" piece. It has a bow to it from top to bottom. If you do use lexan or something similar, you'll need to heat it some and bend it to simulate the bow of the original glass. You can use the chrome window channel as somewhat of a guide.

Short of that, start checking some of your local scrap yards. Somebody is sure to have an old Z laying around that might still have the glass. The glass should be the same from '70-'78.

Hope this helps...